Monday, February 6, 2012

Custom Bride Doll, Part 2

Whew! Well, I had to go to the fabric store for more satin, but I finally got the gown finished. Instead of hemming each layer for the tiered skirt (which i have a very hard time with, satin being so slippery), I made three big flounces attached to an invisible underskirt. That made gathering the top difficult, but that is one point where the slipperiness of satin helped!

I'm very pleased with the results. Next: make her pearl jewelry and accessories, embellish the dress a bit with pink ribbon, and paint the face and shoes. I am hoping to finish her by the 9th, so I'll post a final picture before I send her away.

No comments:

Post a Comment