Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Back to the Land of the Living: Recent Projects

I'm finally over my long-lasting/several successive virus bout(s), knock on wood! And to celebrate, I have been on a rampage of production.

First I finished my Pride and Prejudice finger puppet set! I have been doodling and dreaming of this project for a long time, and it is SO satisfying to see it in person.
Finger Puppets in Progress
Mr. Darcy, Lizzy Bennett, Jane Bennett, and Mr. Bingley, say hello.

I also had a big custom order that I finished. Two dolls for a pair of grown cousins, one living in Australia, one in Philadelphia. This one was so fun to do because it was a long-held idea by one of the cousins as a way to remember each other while living so far from each other. I love how these dolls and all of their extras turned out.

I also finished a doll that has been languishing faceless and naked for quite sometime (if you look closely, you can see her on a doll stand on the left side of my orange cubbies in the prior post). Being in the mood for spring I made a very cheerful floral dress for her and a little saffron yellow cardi. She looked excited for spring, too, so I figured she'd want to be out taking pictures of the coming Spring, and I gave her a camera. She is already on her way to her new home in Ohio! Here she is, plus a sample of her photography.


And finally, I've nearly finished this dapper orange fox to keep the brown one company. ( just realized that I never blogged about the brown fox after giving a little teaser last April! Well, he is my pride and joy, and I'm happy to be making a partner for him.) I still need to give him a face, and sew his argyle vest. But I'm pleased with how his bow tie turned out. I'll give you another peek when he's done.

 

Here's crossing my fingers that this productive streak lasts! More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment