Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Watercolor Birds now available as note cards!

I am so excited to finally make these watercolor birds available in the form of note cards!



I painted these this past year, and they were truly a labor of love. Each bird is native to my home state of Idaho, and all but one (I've never actually seen a Mountain Blue Bird, though it is the Idaho state bird, and I've lived here nearly all of my life), are frequent visitors to my back yard.

Goldfinch


Mountain Bluebird

American Robin

Western Tanager



I have made these available in sets of four. Either four cards all of one bird, or one of each bird. (Of course, the note cards to not have the watermark as in the images above. Those are simply to protect my images, but they are not included on the actual note cards.)

I hope to make my birds available in the future as different sized art prints, as well. 

Which do you like best? What is your favorite native bird where you live?

2 comments:

  1. They are all great, but I like the Western Tanager the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! I'm glad you like them. It's hard for me to pick a favorite, but I think I enjoyed painting the mountain bluebird best. I was very pleased with the coloration I got, and I also liked how the wooden post he's perching on turned out. Plus, I amuse myself with the small spots of bird poo on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete